The West Virginia Coalition to End Homelessness, located in Bridgeport, WV is seeking qualified applicants for a Homeless Management Information System Administrator/Trainer. The position will work directly under the Executive Director, and in collaboration with the HMIS System Administration team, and be responsible for the successful implementation and management of the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
The HMIS collects client level demographic information and tracks services provided to homeless and non-homeless clients by service providers. The HMIS System Administrator will work to enhance the HMIS within the Balance of State Continuum of Care. In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, Coalition staff currently enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health, vision and dental insurance covered for the employee at 75% of the premium.
- Simple IRA retirement plan matching contributions up to 3% of earnings.
- Paid Time Off commensurate with length of employment plus 10 annual holidays.
- Aid in the oversight of the WV Balance of State Continuum of Care’s HMIS implementation within the parameters of the CoC’s software vendor, ServicePoint, and make necessary improvements and corrections to HMIS as necessary.
- Compile information and data for all HMIS and CoC reporting efforts. Conduct data analysis and planning.
- Provide technical assistance & on-going training to HMIS agency administrators and end-users to ensure that federally funded, state funded and non-funded providers are following all necessary HMIS guidelines and policies.
- Provide assistance and data for agencies conducting agency level reporting efforts, and ensure that all data quality, security and privacy requirements are being met.
- Ensure that all provider information and “back-end” functions of HMIS are correct and in working order.
- Successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with at least 2 years of demonstrated experience working in HMIS or other client-level database.
- Must have good problem solving skills, communication and conflict resolution skills, and be proficient with computers and have the ability to think analytically.
- Must have experience in teaching and/or demonstrated skills providing group trainings.
- Professional, mature demeanor with the ability to work independently is required.
- The successful candidate will also have reliable transportation, a clean driving record and must be willing to travel frequently throughout West Virginia (occasionally overnight). Intermittent out of state travel will also be required.
- Selected candidate will hold a Bachelors Degree in relative field or have 5+ years of experience using an HMIS software.
Salary commensurate on experience and qualifications. Qualified applicants should submit a detailed resume and cover letter via email by 5:00 pm March 1, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.